Website Data Privacy Notice
(effective 25th May 2018)
This Privacy Notice governs the manner in which Old Bawn Community School collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a “User”) of the website (“Site”). This Privacy Notice applies to the Site and our school.
Personal Identifiable Information (Post Primary Students)
We collect personal identifiable information from prospective students in a variety of ways in connection with the delivery of education at our school. We will collect personal identifiable information from data subjects when they voluntarily submit such information to us:
Post Primary Student’s Data (Lawful Basis: Public Interest, Consent, Legal Obligation):
• Name; Surname; Date of Birth; PPS Number; Address; Nationality; Birth Certificate; Medical Conditions; Programme Subjects & Courses Exemptions; Medium of learning Irish/English; Psychometric Testing Results (where applicable); Religion; Psychological Assessment Results (where applicable); Book Rental Scheme; Transportation Scheme;
• Parent / Guardian Name; Phone Number; Home address; Mobile Number; Emergency Contact Person & No., Email, Mothers Maiden Name; Family Members (current / past); Medical Card;
• Name, Address & Tel. No. of GP, Previous Educational History.
• Photos with classmates, tours, matches, awards etc.
• CCTV Images.
• Classroom based assessments and exam results;
• State Examination Results;
How we use collected information
We use your personal data for purposes including:
• your child’s application for enrolment;
• to provide your child with appropriate education and support;
• to monitor your child’s academic progress;
• to care for your child’s health and well-being;
• to care for our staff and students;
• to process grant applications, fees and scholarships;
• to coordinate, evaluate, fund and organise educational programmes;
• to comply with our legal obligations as an education body;
• to comply with our monitoring and reporting obligations to Government bodies;
• to process appeals, resolve disputes, and defend litigation etc.